EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our organization helps companies in business across all industries to identify and capitalize on business opportunities. As a leading professional service organization, EY is present in 140 countries worldwide and employs over 160 000 people. We offer our clients, which are small, medium-sized companies and international corporations, a broad array of services in audit, tax and advisory.
With our breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Join our fast growing Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) Indirect Tax team as a Director and you will have the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements within our EMEIA Tax Center. We deploy strong multi-skilled teams working seamlessly across countries and service lines, with major hubs in UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania and Poland.
Your key responsibilities
As a director in the EMEIA Tax Center, you will be managing a portfolio of clients where you are the process owner for the VAT/GST compliance outsourced to EY, including:
- Act as single point of contact towards and manage the relationship with our regional or global client’s tax or finance manager/director and report to the responsible partner in EY
- Lead and coach the central client serving team and manage the relationship with our other teams/offices involved supporting this client
- Set-up and drive standard processes and monitor global metrics
- Manage independently day-to-day operations, financials and administrative requirements
- Review progress of operational and continuous improvement targets.
- Review end-to-end process improvement suggestions; integrate and track agreed-upon process changes
- Report service performance and escalation status; develop corrective action plans
- Conduct monthly update calls and meetings
In addition, you will go to market, independently or with directors/partners in our local offices, to attract new clients or to broaden scope of services at our existing clients. Finally, you will be responsible for leading one or more strategic initiatives we define in terms of:
- Process: standardization, centralization, design new services, legislative updates, etc.
- Technology: automation, data analytics, dashboarding, etc.
- People: training program, career development, recruitment, , etc.
- Go to market: position new services, marketing of existing services, etc.
Skills and attributes for success
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player with project management capabilities.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in EMEIA VAT compliance, either in industry or other service providers.
- Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance.
- Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluent in English – written and spoken. Any additional European language is an asset
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
What we look for
- Experienced professionals who want to join our fast growing team and accept the challenge to provide high quality service to our clients and to continuously improve
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Découvrez le poste vacant ici.